As summer and better weather approaches, people and businesses are once again turning their attention to outdoor activities. However, while outdoor activities are permitted, certain COVID-19 restrictions remain in place, regardless of if you have been vaccinated or not.
In England and in most circumstances, people can meet for any type of outdoor activities in groups of up to thirty people or in any number where the members are from only two households.
The Latest Government Guidelines
England is currently on Step 3 of the government’s Roadmap out of Lockdown. Here we take a look at the latest government guidelines for outdoor activities such as sports, music, funerals, and weddings.
- Outdoor organised sports – All outdoor and indoor leisure, sports, and recreation facilities can open. Outdoor activities for children and adults are allowed with any participant numbers when the activity follows COVID-secure guidance and is formally organised. Participants do not need to maintain distance between each other during outdoor activities. Still, they should maintain them during breaks or whenever play stops, such as when substitutes are brought onto the field.
- Outdoor informal sports – Informal physical activity and sports are permitted with groups of up to thirty people.
- Indoor organised sports – These can occur without group number restrictions as long as the facility’s maximum capacity is adhered to. The government guidelines stipulate the capacity as a minimum of 100 square feet per person, based on the footprint of the whole facility.
- Indoor informal sports – Groups are limited to six people or the members of two households.
- Spectators – Outdoor activities, such as sports events and music festivals, are allowed spectators limited to 50% of capacity or 4,000 people. Larger events are limited to 25% capacity and 10,000 people. Indoor events are limited to no more than 1,000 spectators in groups of thirty.
- Weddings – Wedding ceremonies are limited to thirty people, regardless of whether they are held indoors or outdoors.
- Funerals – There is no limit on attendees, but social distancing must be maintained.
- Fetes – Small fetes and outdoor events can take place with capacity restrictions.
Getting Your Outdoor Spaces Ready
Our Swedish redwood garden furniture is a durable and beautiful solution to seating people and restricting group numbers. MG Timber offers the practical and high-quality product you need, from pub A-frame benches to picnic tables, kids picnic benches and love seats.
To purchase garden furniture for your home or outdoor furniture for your business, please contact our team today.